"On 4-28-09, 1SG David C. wrote: We received multiple boxes from a few different organizations, just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for thinking of us. I was very surprised to see all the support we had received in such a short time. This is a great program you have and wanted to let you know it is greatly appreciated by *** Company and *****, Many thanks go out to the following: Our Lady of The Angels Bradenton, Florida, Sandra D of Helotes, Texas, Don W of Dunstable, Mass, Louise L of Gold Canyon, Arizona. I attached a few photos. They were a big hit. Thanks again for all of your support."Read more notes...
By: David C. (Afghanistan)
Left on 07/22/2009
About Operation Paperback
Operation Paperback began in 1999, sending its first shipments to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. We have since shipped books to the following locations overseas:
In addition to overseas locations, Operation Paperback provides books to military and veterans hospitals located within the United States, as well as USO centers at US Airport transit points. In 2012, we also added a new program that offers a free shipment of books to any military family.
Our organization has several ongoing special projects, including:
- Providing books from military Professional Reading Lists to support servicemember professional development goals;
- Supporting Chaplains as they counsel troops, both before redeployment and after reunification, with a variety of specifically-requested titles;
- Providing Iraqi Phrasebooks for units on the ground so that they may communicate effectively with local populations;
- Supplying books for the annual book give away at NSA Souda Bay in Crete, Greece for service members and their families;
- Supplying children's books to deployed soldiers who read to their children via webcam or on DVDs.
Individual citizens, American families and community groups have formed a network of volunteer shippers that have sent over 1.9 million books since Operation Paperback began.
Operation Paperback is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization incorporated in the State of Pennsylvania. Our EIN is 41-2209836. Donations to our organization are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. We are happy to provide receipts for any donations received.