"Please let Don W. know that we received the donation of books today. Thanks for thinking of our troops. It's hot today. 129 degrees and it's humid. Thank goodness for generators and air conditioning!"Read more notes...
By: Bettie S. (Kuwait)
Left on 08/20/2009
About Operation Paperback
Operation Paperback began in 1999, sending its first shipments to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. We have since shipped books to the following locations overseas:
In addition to overseas locations, Operation Paperback provides books to military and veterans hospitals located within the United States, as well as USO centers at US Airport transit points. In 2012, we also added a new program that offers a free shipment of books to any military family.
Our organization has several ongoing special projects, including:
- Providing books from military Professional Reading Lists to support servicemember professional development goals;
- Supporting Chaplains as they counsel troops, both before redeployment and after reunification, with a variety of specifically-requested titles;
- Providing Iraqi Phrasebooks for units on the ground so that they may communicate effectively with local populations;
- Supplying books for the annual book give away at NSA Souda Bay in Crete, Greece for service members and their families;
- Supplying children's books to deployed soldiers who read to their children via webcam or on DVDs.
Individual citizens, American families and community groups have formed a network of volunteer shippers that have sent over 1.9 million books since Operation Paperback began.
Operation Paperback is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization incorporated in the State of Pennsylvania. Our EIN is 41-2209836. Donations to our organization are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. We are happy to provide receipts for any donations received.